By now most of the users subscribing to the Employees Provident Fund must be familiar with the Universal Account Number (UAN) being allotted by the authorities, through your company. The UAN or Universal Account Number is a 12 digit number assigned to every employee contributing to EPF. This number is assigned to every employer contributing to EPF. Whenever there is a change in employment, the EPFO will allot a new ID to the employer that can be linked to the UAN.
How to generate UAN online?
The Universal Account Number is a 12 digit number provided to the employees who have contributed to EPF and it is generated online. The Employee Provident Fund Organization assigns this number and will remain the same throughout life. Thus, all the member IDs will be linked to the UAN in order to ease the process of EPF transfers and withdrawals.
What are the steps to generate UAN Online?
Step 1: Steps to generate UAN from the Government’s official site
There are three ways where you can generate UAN. The first is from the employer; they print the UAN number in the salary slip. And the second is through the UAN portal, and the third is through your Aadhaar number. Here are some essential steps to generate a UAN number:
- Visit UAN’s official website.
- Now click on the ‘Know your UAN Status’
- Then, select the state and EPFO office from the dropdown menu and dial the PF number with other details like your name, mobile number, date of birth, and captcha code. Now, click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- You will receive a PIN on your registered mobile number. Then, you need to enter the same and click on ‘Validate OTP’, and get UAN.
- The UAN will be sent to your number.
Step 2: Steps to generate UAN using your Aadhaar
The simple way to generate UAN, when the borrower’s Aadhaar Number and registered mobile numbers are interlinked with each other. It helps to verify your KYC with an OTP. The following steps to generate UAN using Aadhaar:
- Visit the EPFO member portal.
- Click on ‘Know your UAN status’ show at the bottom of your screen
- Provide your Aadhaar Number, Name, Date of Birth, and email ID. Then, enter ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- Then, you will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number. Then, enter the OTP and agree to share the Aadhaar details with EPFO.
- Click on the submit button. Once you submit the Aadhaar number, all the relevant details will be fetched from the Aadhaar database.
- After this verification, you will see a success message on the screen that will show your UAN.
Documents required to generate UAN
In order to generate UAN successfully, here are some documents required for UAN:
- ID Proof: Submit any national identity card like passport, driving license, Aadhaar, or Voter ID.
- Bank statement and account details: Submit your account number, branch name, and IFSC code.
- Address proof: Furnish a recent utility bill in your name, ration card, lease agreement, or any ID proof that has mentioned your address.
- PAN Card: Your PAN number should be linked to your UAN number.
- Aadhaar card: It is required that Your Aadhaar number is linked to the bank account and your phone number, hence, it is mandatory.
How to check EPF balance online through UAN?
- Start with the process by activating your UAN.
- You need to enter your registered mobile number as well as your UAN Number.
- Then, the 8 digit PIN will be sent to your registered mobile number, which you need to enter.
- Then, your UAN credentials will be identified.
- The entered username will be the UAN number yours.
- Now, create your UAN password.
- Lastly, check your PF balance by using the UAN number and you can also view the PF balance or download the account details and passbook through the app.
How to get the benefits of UAN to employers?
- Through UAN numbers the employees’ data get centralized.
- UAN reduces the burden of employee verification from employers.
- The KYC of any member and bank account details can be retrieved through an EPFO account.
- It is easy to learn about employment history.
Benefits of UAN to employees
There are several benefits for employees using their UAN number. These benefits are as follows:
- The new PF account with a new job will be under one unified account.
- It makes the withdrawal process easy and convenient.
- Employees can use a UAN login to transfer the PF balance from an old account to the new one by using a UAN number.
- Employees can easily download the UAN login passbook with ease and have their account details simply.
- The employees can make sure that employers do not withhold the PF money using the UAN Number.
- Employees can check the employers regularly depositing the balance.
- No requirement for any validation of the profile.
With the help of the above information, you can easily check your UAN balance and other services like generating the UAN number online, documents verification, etc. We hope this article will help you in managing your EPF Account.